vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) 3.4 Now GA!!
On June 1st, 2017, VMware released a new version of their vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) solution, version 3.4! VMware vRealize Network Insight delivers intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It helps to optimize network performance and availability with visibility and analytics across virtual and physical networks. It provides planning and recommendations for implementing micro-segmentation security, plus operational views to quickly and confidently manage and scale VMware NSX deployment.
What’s New in vRealize Network Insight 3.4?
The new and enhanced features in this release are as follows:
- AWS Public Cloud Support – vRealize Network Insight now provides visibility into native AWS constructs such as VPC, VM, Security Group, and Firewall rules. Traffic flows are also analyzed to provide security and micro-segmentation view of cloud workloads (Enterprise edition only).
- Configurable Data Retention – vRealize Network Insight provides ability to modify the data retention periods for problem events, configuration changes, and metrics (Enterprise edition only).
- Support for Physical Devices in Application Modeling – vRealize Network Insight now allows the inclusion of physical servers in application tier definition and micro-segmentation planning.
- New NSX Operation Events – Additional NSX operations alerts have been introduced in this release.
- Customization of Alerts – The customization is done through global macro settings as well as at individual alerts level.
- Support of vCenter Tags and Annotations – It is an additional way to group virtual machines into security and application groups.
- Visibility of Physical Layer-2 Network – From this release onwards, the layer-2 networks are visible in the VM-to-VM path dashboard.
- Addition of Syslog Messages – vRealize Network Insight supports syslog messages for sending the events generated by the system to external log management products (including Log Insight).
For more information on vRealize Network Insight 3.4, see the below links…
- Release Notes: https://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vrni/34/vrealize-network-insight-34-release-notes.html
- Documentation: http://pubs.vmware.com/vrni-34/index.jsp
- Public Page: http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-network-insight.html