Missed The Latest VMware Announcements In The Past Month?
Check Out This Summary!
Have you been busy lately and haven’t keep up to date with the latest VMware announcements over the last month or two? If so, you have missed quite a bit! So I thought I would make it easy on you and pull together all the recent announcements related to product updates, acquisitions, promotions, partnerships, VMworld, Wanna Cry Ransomeware, etc. This summary has a lot of great information that you want to be aware. I highly recommend that you read through the full list of announcements to be sure you are aware of them.
One link I would like to draw your attention to specifically is under “Security” which takes you to a VMware blog about the “WannaCry Ransomeware” attack that swept the world on May 12th, 2017 in over 150+ countries worldwide. The article discusses how VMware’s NSX solution and its “Zero Trust” model could have helped those that were attacked mitigate this attack. This just proves how important it is that businesses consider using VMware’s NSX solution to help protect their environments from attacks in ways that other solutions can’t.
- vRealize Automation (vRA) 7.3 –
- User Environment Manager (UEM) 9.2 –
- VMware IoT Solutions Website –
- Horizon Cloud (UPDATE) – Intent to deliver Horizon Cloud to Microsoft’s Azure cloud-based environment for the first time
- OVH Acquisition of vCloud Air Closed on 5/8/17 –
- News Release – http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.OVH-Announces-Intent-to-Acquire-VMware-vCloud-Air-Business.2153983.html
- Because of this, all Hands-On-Labs (HOL) labs related to vCloud Air labs have been removed from Partner University and the public facing Hands On Labs (HOL) site.
- Apteligent (Analytics for the Digital Workspace) – https://blogs.vmware.com/euc/2017/05/vmware-acquires-apteligent-app-performance-digital-workspace.html
- Wavefront (Cross-Cloud Capability) – https://blogs.vmware.com/management/2017/04/vmware-acquires-wavefront.html
Latest Promotions/Discounts: http://www.vmware.com/promotions.html
- New Promotion – User Environment Manager (UEM) 9.2
- Updated Promotion- vRealize 25% Upgrade Promotions Extended to July 29, 2017
- WannaCry Ransomware attack that attacks Microsoft operating systems swept the world on May 12th in over 150+ countries. Below is VMware’s response on how the NSX Zero-Trust model could have helped mitigate this attack using NSX. This is a great opportunity for you to drive how critical it is to use NSX and where other solutions couldn’t provide the same protection that we can from these types of attacks.
- VMware and Pivotal Extend Strategic Alliance to Integrate NNSX and Pivotal Cloud Foundry –
- VMware Introduces Integrations with Dell EMC to Accelerate Workforce Transformation –
- VMware & Google Announce Expanded Chromebook Partnership –
- News Release – https://www.vmware.com/radius/dell-emc-2017-chromebook/
VMware Partner Accreditation’s:
- NEW VSP/VTSP- Server Virtualization Competencies –
- NEW VSP/VTSP-Desktop competencies –
- VMworld US: Training & Certification Programs/Discounts – https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=100528&ui=www_edu