NSX 6.4 NOW GA!
VMware’s virtual networking solution NSX for vSphere released an updated version on January 16th, 2018. NSX for vSphere version 6.4 was released with numerous enhancements to it. Below is a bullet list of what’s new in NSX for vSphere 6.4 as well as supporting links!
Spotlight New Features/Functionality:
- Support for vSphere Client (HTML5) via plugin
- Improved Navigation Menu
- Identity Firewall (IDFW) now supports RDSH
- Distributed Firewall
- Distributed Firewall (DFW) adds layer-7 application-based context for flow control and micro-segmentation planning. Application Rule Manager (ARM) now recommends security groups and policies for a cohesive and manageable micro-segmentation strategy.
- Support for BGP and static routing over GRE tunnels
- Upgrade Coordinator – Single portal that manages NSX-V upgrades
- Multi syslog support for up to 5 syslog servers
- JSON support
- New packet capture tab in UI
- Supports vCenter versions 6.0U2 to 6.5U1
- Supports vRealize Automation (vRA) 7.3 and 7.2
- Support for in place upgrades from NSX 6.2 and on
- NSX-V 6.1.X is now EOA/EOGS as of January 15, 2017
- vCloud Network & Security (vCNS) edges no longer supported. Users must upgrade to an NSX Edge before upgrading to NSX 6.3 or later
- NSX for vSphere 6.2.x will reach End of General Support (EOGS) on August 20 2018.
- This is the first version of NSX-V not to support ESXi/vCenter 5.5
NSX for vSphere 6.4 Resources:
- Release Notes: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-for-vSphere/6.4/rn/releasenotes_nsx_vsphere_640.html
- For supported HTLM5 Functionality: https://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php#interop&93=&2=
- Interoperability Matrix: https://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php#interop&93=&2=
- Upgrade Matrix: https://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php#upgrade&solution=93