Technical Sales 201 – What’s New in vRealize Business for Cloud (vRBC) 7.2.1
In this enablement session, I provide a Technical Sales 201 level overview of the recent release of vRealize Business for Cloud 7.2.1. It provides automated management for cloud costing, consumption, comparison, and planning. VMware vRealize Business for Cloud automates cloud delivers the insight you need to efficiently deploy and manage cloud environments.
The enhancements in this version relate to the below (3) main categories…
- Enhanced Scale, Performance & Deployment Options
- Faster Time-to-Value with Integrations & Improvements
- Expanded Collaboration & Integration
Technical Sales 201 – What’s New in vRealize Business for Cloud (vRBC) 7.2.1: https://youtu.be/Vl0UiKw_rr4
For more information on vRealize Business for Cloud 7.2.1…
VMware Releases (4) Updated Solutions From The vRealize Family On March 2, 2017!
On March 2nd, 2017, VMware released (4) newly updated solutions from their vRealize family of solutions! You can go to my “What’s New” tab on this site to get to the links to the release notes and documentation for all four updated solutions. Below is a bullet list of the updated solutions as well as a little bit of information on what’s new in these versions. For more detailed information, go out to the the Release Notes and Documentation links I have provided on the What’s New page.
vRealize Operations Manager 6.5:
- Additional monitoring capabilities of larger environments with same size deployment
- Automatic upgrade of Endpoint Operations Agents
- Enhanced troubleshooting capabilities by correlating logs and metrics between itself and vRealize Log Insight
- Improved collaboration by simplifying exporting and importing
- Update processes have been optimized (40% faster)
vRealize Network Insight 3.3:
- Enhanced event management experience
- New set of NSX best practice and troubleshooting events
- Deeper visibility for micro-segmentation planning
- Compatibility with the most current NSX for vSphere (6.3) and vSphere (6.5) releases
- Deeper security analytics which include Palo Alto Networks
- Support for new hardware: Dell switches (S-4048, S-6010, Z9100)
- Addressing gaps in NSX firewall support
- Enhancements to LDAP support
vRealize Business for Cloud 7.2.1:
- vRBC 7.2.1 release sets a new milestone for vRBC in the endeavor of more tightly-coupled integration with vRBC being available within vROPS as one of the menu options providing operational and cost visibility to the end user in a single pane of glass!!!
- vRBC 7.2.1 also re-brands cloud business analysis report as Hybrid Cloud Assessment.
- With new look and appeal it includes a concise and precise summary page describing Inventory, Total cost of ownership of infrastructure, Comparison of private cloud cost with that of public cloud, a glimpse into how well the private cloud infrastructure is utilized and subsequent reclamation opportunities.
- This release also addresses the annoying waiting time customer goes through while downloading an OVA file by reducing its size by more than 50%.
vRealize Log Insight 4.3:
- Server Features
- Now supports VMware Identity Manager Single-Sign-On (vIDM SSO)
- Host table entries now expire three months idle (the last ingestion event)
- New upgraded APIs
- User Interface Features
- New alert history for individual alerts
- New percent labels on pie charts
- New trend-line overlay on line charts
- Enhanced dashboard list selection
- Agent Features
- New FIPS-140-2 compliance
- New silent auto-update of deployed agents
- Enhanced timestamp parser that supports single-digit representation of days and months
- Now supports Windows Server 2016