Know the Differences Between vRealize Network Insight (vRNI)
and the vRealize Network Assessment (vNA)?
Formerly know as…
Now VMware calls it…
vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) is the paid full version of the product, vRealize Network Assessment (VNA) is only the report/preview portion of the product, which takes 30-minutes to install. It takes more time to install the full-product. VNA only needs to connect to the vCenter. vRNI, in addition to the vCenter, you also need to connect it the hardware, firewalls, etc.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have (vDS) Virtual Distributed Switches installed in your vSphere environment (Available in – vSphere ENT+, vSOM ENT+, & NSX Licensing)
vRealize Network Insight: Transforms operations for NSX based on SDDC across your virtual, physical, and cloud.
- Model security groups and distributed firewall rules.
- Comprehensive net flow assessment and analysis to model security groups and firewall rules
- Recommendations to make micro-segmentation easier to deploy
- Continuously monitor and audit compliance postures over time
- 360-degree visibility and analytics virtual & physical network
- Virtual and physical network topology mapping.
- Performance Optimization across Overlay and Underlay
- Log Analytics (with vRealize Log Insight for NSX, included with all NSX licenses)
- Natural language search capabilities and Offers Best Practices, Health and Availability of NSX Deployment
- Intuitive UI, Natural language search to quickly pinpoint issues
- Log Analytics for troubleshooting
- Best practice compliance checking (such as configuration errors in mismatch segment ID, IPset definitions, etc.)
VMware Product Page – vRealize Network Insight: http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-network-insight.html
Virtual Network Assessment (VNA): Is a free assessment that analyzes the traffic pattern in your data center. In 24 hours it will provide a pdf report that summarizes.
- Insights on your security risk (amount of East-West traffic) in your environment
- A preview of actionable micro-segmentation recommendations
- Opportunities to optimize your network
vRealize Network Assessment (Requires VMware Partner Central login): www.vmware.com/go/NetworkInsight