vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 Now Live!
On June 13th, 2017, VMware released its updated vRealize Operation Manager 6.6 solution! VMware vRealize Operations integrated with vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Business for Cloud helps plan, manage and scale SDDC and multi-cloud environments with unified monitoring, automated performance management, cloud planning and capacity optimization. Check out the below list of enhancements that have been made to the vRealize Operations Manager solution!
vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 focuses on enhancing product usability, accelerating time to value and improving troubleshooting capabilities.
- Simplified usability and faster time to value capabilities:
- New HTML5 user interface provides an easier and consistent experience.
- The Getting Started dashboard allows for quick navigation.
- Persona based dashboards provides for answers in one place. Dashboards are separated into categories such as Operations, Capacity and Utilization, Performance Troubleshooting, Workload Balance, and Configuration and Compliance.
- Out of the box integration with vSAN and vRealize Automation provides quick time to value.
- Watch videos related to the new dashboards that are introduced with vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 here.
- Added Native vSAN management capabilities:
- Allows for centralized management across stretched clusters.
- Ability for complete vSAN management, which includes administering performance, capacity, logs, and configuration and health.
- Fully Automated Workload Balancing:
- Ensures performance across the datacenter’s with fully automated workload balancing, across clusters and across data stores.
- Ensures DRS Configurations and provides the option to set DRSautomation level for individual objects.
- Predictive DRS takes action to preempt resource contention.
- Utilizes operations analytics to optimize initial placement of workloads through vRealize Automation.
- Watch this video for a demo about automatic workload placement.
- Additional out-of-the-box compliance capabilities:
- Ability to tackle compliance problems through the new vSphere hardening dashboard
- Extends compliance through PCI & HIPAA compliance for vSphere.
- Ensures business configurations through new cluster, host, and VM configuration dashboards