Star Wars: The Last Jedi
“Let The Transformation Begin”
Dell EMC and VMware invite you to Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Watch our heroes transform and learn about the future of digital transformation with the Dell EMC VxRail/VxRack SDDC appliances powered by VMware vSphere 6.5, vSAN 6.6 and VMware Cloud Foundation. Transform your data center with a fully integrated, pre-configured, and pre-tested hyper-converged solution.
Whether your datacenter needs are large or small, Dell EMC VxRail and VxRack SDDC are the easiest and fastest hyper-converged options to stand up or extend a VMware environment while dramatically simplifying IT operations and lowering capital and operational costs.
Together, Dell EMC and VMware bring you highly configurable solutions to enable your digital transformation.
Be sure to register soon, limited availability in each city!
This exclusive early premiere will be in the following cities:
Dublin/East Bay, CA
Orange County/San Diego, CA
Kansas City, MO
|San Antonio, TX
|Long Island, NY
Silver Springs, MD
|Jersey City, NJ
vSphere 6.5 U1 Added Benefit – vCenter
Foundation Supports (4) Hosts Now!
VMware vCenter Server Foundation provides powerful management tools for smaller environments looking to rapidly provision, monitors, and control virtual machines. Previously, vCenter Server Foundation only support managing up to (3) hosts much like the vSphere Essentials Kits. With the release of vSphere 6.5 U1, VMware has changed the licensing to now support up to (4) hosts!
- Analyze and remediate issues quickly with visibility into vSphere virtual infrastructure.
- Deliver the security and availability of vSphere through automated proactive management features such as automated load balancing and out-of-the-box automation workflows.
- Management service
- Database server
- Inventory service
- VMware vSphere Clients
- VMware vCenter APIs and .NET
- vCenter Single Sign-On
vRealize Log Insight 4.5 is Now Live!
On June 13th, 2017, VMware released vRealize Log Insight 4.5! vRealize Log lnsight delivers heterogeneous and highly scalable log management with intuitive, actionable dashboards, sophisticated analytics and broad third-party extensibility. It provides deep operational visibility and faster troubleshooting across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Below, you can fins a list of what’s new in this release of vRealize Log Insight 4.5!
This release of VMware vRealize Log Insight delivers product improvements and updates to the previous release, including these features:
- Added API to query alert execution and notification history
- Added ability to specify basic authentication for webhooks
- New product configuration APIs added
- The source field is maintained when forwarding from vRealize Log Insight forwarder to a vRealize Log Insight server
- Hosts on the /admin/hosts page can now be exported
- Support for external load balancers has been deprecated
- VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) is recommended for vRealize Log Insight. Native AD support is now deprecated. See the following Knowledge Base article for migration information: https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2148976
General User Interface Items
- Dashboard legend mouse-over in one widget now highlights corresponding chart items across widgets
- Added ability to show a given time across all dashboard chart widgets simultaneously
- Separate options are available for descriptions and recommendations for user alerts.
- User alert history for aggregation queries now includes count
- Added ability to send unaltered raw syslog to destination server
- Added ability for agent syslog parser to parse structured data (SD), PRI, PROCID, and MSGID syslog fields
- Added auto-update checkbox option on MSI user interface
- Added support for sending logs to multiple destinations
- Added directory wildcard support
- Added support for Photon OS
- Support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS has been deprecated
- Updated General and vSphere content packs
- VSAN and vROps content packs included out of the box
Documentation and Links:
- Download Link:
- Release Notes:
vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 Now Live!
On June 13th, 2017, VMware released its updated vRealize Operation Manager 6.6 solution! VMware vRealize Operations integrated with vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Business for Cloud helps plan, manage and scale SDDC and multi-cloud environments with unified monitoring, automated performance management, cloud planning and capacity optimization. Check out the below list of enhancements that have been made to the vRealize Operations Manager solution!
vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 focuses on enhancing product usability, accelerating time to value and improving troubleshooting capabilities.
- Simplified usability and faster time to value capabilities:
- New HTML5 user interface provides an easier and consistent experience.
- The Getting Started dashboard allows for quick navigation.
- Persona based dashboards provides for answers in one place. Dashboards are separated into categories such as Operations, Capacity and Utilization, Performance Troubleshooting, Workload Balance, and Configuration and Compliance.
- Out of the box integration with vSAN and vRealize Automation provides quick time to value.
- Watch videos related to the new dashboards that are introduced with vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 here.
- Added Native vSAN management capabilities:
- Allows for centralized management across stretched clusters.
- Ability for complete vSAN management, which includes administering performance, capacity, logs, and configuration and health.
- Fully Automated Workload Balancing:
- Ensures performance across the datacenter’s with fully automated workload balancing, across clusters and across data stores.
- Ensures DRS Configurations and provides the option to set DRSautomation level for individual objects.
- Predictive DRS takes action to preempt resource contention.
- Utilizes operations analytics to optimize initial placement of workloads through vRealize Automation.
- Watch this video for a demo about automatic workload placement.
- Additional out-of-the-box compliance capabilities:
- Ability to tackle compliance problems through the new vSphere hardening dashboard
- Extends compliance through PCI & HIPAA compliance for vSphere.
- Ensures business configurations through new cluster, host, and VM configuration dashboards
Documentation and Links:
vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 Now Live!
On June 13, 2017, VMware released an updated version of its vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 solution. VMware vRealize Business for Cloud automates cloud costing analysis, consumption metering, cloud comparison and planning, delivering the cost visibility and business insights you need to run your cloud more efficiently. Below is a summary of what’s new in this release of vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Partial vCenter Server support. You can select a set of virtual machines or clusters to add into vRealize Business for Cloud, instead of adding the complete vCenter Server.
- Enhancements to Azure.
- Azure is considered as a first class citizen in vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3, which provides the detailed costing, pricing mechanism, showback information, and VM Statistics for Non-EA accounts.
- You can now define pricing policies for Azure virtual machines that are deployed directly on Azure and are deployed by vRealize Automation.
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 can provide upfront price for Azure blueprint and if a Azure machine is deployed from vRealze Automation, vRealize Business for Cloud can compute cost-to-date.
- Enhancements to AWS.
- Support import from blueprint for cloud comparison.
- Procurement Planning support.
- Support for VMware Cloud on AWS. Procurement planning (What-If Analysis) in vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 supports cost comparison with VMware Cloud on AWS and enables you to assess placement of new or existing workloads across private cloud and public clouds, including VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Import from Blueprint in for cloud comparison.
- Calculate expense-to-date value for virtual machines.
- Calculate price of deployment constructs.
- Enable utilization based pricing.
- Configure pricing method for resources.
- Configure Pricing Update Strategy.
- Configure network pricing.
- Track daily change in utilization for price calculation.
- Compute pricing at Organization Virtual Data Center (Org VDC) level.
Licenses and Roles
- Support multiple license keys. You can now enter multiple license keys as part of license administration.
- Additional access for vRealize Suite Standard license key.
- Support Business Controller Role for Standalone vRealize Business for Cloud.
- Schedule a Report. You can now schedule and email a custom report or the out-of-the-box reports to a set of recipients on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Updates to the Daily Price Report. vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 calculates the virtual machine price accurately based on its CPU, storage and memory resource utilization or allocation and its change within a day.
- New Reports. Additional reports are added in vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3:
- Azure Instances
- Azure Resources
- Several out-of-the-box reports (that provides operational and cost visibility)
- Enhanced Public APIs of Reports. You can now use the Public APIs to generate reports in the VMware Identity Manager integrated vRealize Business for Cloud setup.
Documentation and Links:
- Download Link:
- Release Notes:
- Documentation Link:
vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) 3.4 Now GA!!
On June 1st, 2017, VMware released a new version of their vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) solution, version 3.4! VMware vRealize Network Insight delivers intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It helps to optimize network performance and availability with visibility and analytics across virtual and physical networks. It provides planning and recommendations for implementing micro-segmentation security, plus operational views to quickly and confidently manage and scale VMware NSX deployment.
What’s New in vRealize Network Insight 3.4?
The new and enhanced features in this release are as follows:
- AWS Public Cloud Support – vRealize Network Insight now provides visibility into native AWS constructs such as VPC, VM, Security Group, and Firewall rules. Traffic flows are also analyzed to provide security and micro-segmentation view of cloud workloads (Enterprise edition only).
- Configurable Data Retention – vRealize Network Insight provides ability to modify the data retention periods for problem events, configuration changes, and metrics (Enterprise edition only).
- Support for Physical Devices in Application Modeling – vRealize Network Insight now allows the inclusion of physical servers in application tier definition and micro-segmentation planning.
- New NSX Operation Events – Additional NSX operations alerts have been introduced in this release.
- Customization of Alerts – The customization is done through global macro settings as well as at individual alerts level.
- Support of vCenter Tags and Annotations – It is an additional way to group virtual machines into security and application groups.
- Visibility of Physical Layer-2 Network – From this release onwards, the layer-2 networks are visible in the VM-to-VM path dashboard.
- Addition of Syslog Messages – vRealize Network Insight supports syslog messages for sending the events generated by the system to external log management products (including Log Insight).
For more information on vRealize Network Insight 3.4, see the below links…
Ready To Be A Top Gun?
Top Gun SALES Tuesday’s Schedule Released For Q2!!
Join us for Top Gun Tuesdays to receive best in class partner sales training and best practices on demand generation!
Step 1 – REGISTER NOW at: http://www.vmware.com/go/TGT
Step 2 – Join the WEEKLY TUESDAY 20-30 Min. Webex Training Starting @8:30AM PST / 11:30AM EST
||Digital Business Transformation
||Modernizing the Datacenter: Automate IT
||Modernizing the Datacenter: Modernize Infrastructure
||Integrate Public Clouds
||NO SESSION: July 4th Holiday
||Empower Digital Workspaces
||Transform Security: Solution Selling Part 1 / Overview
Transform Security: Solution Selling Part 2 / Secure Application Infrastructure
Step 3 – Watch your VMware Sales Increase!
The Training is every Tuesday from 8:30 – 9:00 AM PST starting on June 6, 2017!